Solutions by Industry
Critical Infrastructure and Industrial Control Systems
Protecting Critical Infrastructure and Industrial Control Systems from Cyberattacks
Critical Infrastructure/Industrial Control Systems (ICS) which include Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) have historically been proprietary systems isolated from corporate networks. Times have changed.
These systems use standard hardware and operating systems and are exposed to the same network vulnerabilities as any other network resource. As ICS systems have become accessible via the internet, weak credential and network access controls make electrical, water, oil, gas, and nuclear power systems vulnerable – especially with the proliferation of attacks based on acquired privileged and third-party user credentials by cybercriminals.
These organizations also need to provide evidence that they meet regulatory requirements. To comply with these requirements, companies with a Process Control Network need to isolate and control access to every individual node on the network by user / group.
Cryptzone Solutions for ICS/SCADA
Cryptzone’s AppGate, a network access security solution offers ICS/SCADA an approach to network security that includes the ability to:
- Tightly restrict who can access the information stored on your ICS/SCADA systems, making non-authorized resources invisible and inaccessible to any users that do not have access rights.
- Take both identity and context into consideration when granting access and can force authentication if contextual parameters change during the course of a session.
- Provide a secure gateway between ICS and business networks.
- Provide only the degree of connectivity required by your personnel, by dynamically creating a segment of one between the user and the network resource they are entitled too.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with NERC CIP and ISA/IEC standards.
- Reduce operational complexity, eliminating the need for both ‘truck rolls’ (putting data diodes on all endpoints) and ‘VPN management isolation’ (vendor specific Firewall / VPN device for each site management interface.
PSE S.A. is the transmission system operator for Poland. This complex business environment requires secure access for employees, electricity companies/traders, contractors and 3rd party suppliers to PSE systems and resources 24/7, while protecting the company's mission critical systems and sensitive information being handled on the electricity market.
Cogentrix required confidential data in SharePoint to be secured by legal entity/business unit and needed to secure access at the document level and report on how information is accessed and secured. Security Sheriff offered Cogentrix’s a powerful solution to solve secure access to sensitive information in SharePoint.